I don’t know about you, but all of this harsh weather can really effect my skin if I am not careful! My skin care journey has been quite a wild ride, especially in the past few years, so before I launch into my favorite products I am going to give you a bit of background.
I almost never had acne as a teen. Yes, you read that correctly! As a kid I had keratosis pilaris on my cheeks, and a dermatologist told me that it meant I would not have much acne as a teen. Turns out he was right! But then I turned 22. Just when I thought the days of acne were supposed to be long over, my skin decided to suddenly break out! Having never had bad acne before I had no clue what to do, so I turned to the typical teen remedies, harsh benzoyl peroxide treatments, scrubs, and more benzoyl peroxide creams. As you can guess, this barely did anything to treat my acne. It dried out my skin and made it extremely sensitive. At one point my skin was so sensitive that any new products would cause my eyes and face to swell! Years of trial and error have brought me to the products I use now. I have learned that my adult skin is much different than my teen skin, and therefore I need to treat it differently. My skin is still not completely clear, but it is much improved!
These products are not an exhaustive list of everything I use, you can find some other favorites in this post. With the cold weather I find that it is more important to protect my skin with extra hydration and antioxidants. Without further ado, here are my top winter products!
- Sugar Lip Polish – This product is a lifesaver! The sugar gently exfoliates away the dead skin and the oils in it add much needed moisture. I always use an additional moisturizer, like this one, afterward or your lips could really dry out. Believe me, I made that mistake once. You can use it before bed or while getting ready, especially if you are planning to wear lipstick. I would say I use the product about 4 or 5 times a week, which is a bit more than the recommended 2-3, but so far so good!
- Hyaluronic Eye Cream – I have been using the product for about a year and a half how. I panicked about eye wrinkles when I turned 25, so I immediately went out and bought an anti-aging eye cream. After a little trial and error I found this one. It does a great job of replenishing moisture to my under eye area, and so far, no added wrinkles! I apply it every night under my eyes and on the sides, where you would see crow’s feet.
- PM Blemish Lotion – This is what I use to help clear my blemishes! It is made with retinol, salicylic and lactic acids. This is the “adult” acne care I had been searching for! I can definitely see a difference in my skin from the time I put it on at night to when I wake up, but it is not the instant fix that I was hoping it would be. It does not make my pimples disappear overnight, but it has improved the overall quality of my skin and helps my blemishes heal faster. This is the first product I put on at night after washing my face, and I layer the eye cream and the face cream on top.
- Rose Face Mask – This product makes my skin so dewy! I bought the mask because I love the brand and I have been obsessed with their lip products for awhile now. Honestly I am not fan of the way it smells, a little bit like dead roses that you left sitting in the vase for too long, but the results are worth putting up with the smell. My skin was so moisturized! It also contains antioxidants that are great for keeping skin youthful and bright. If you really need some extra moisture this winter, this is what you need!
- Chamomile Night Cream – This cream has been a staple in my skin care routine for awhile now. I bought it during the sensitive skin days in hopes that my skin would not react to it, and it didn’t! It goes on thicker than your average lotion, but in the morning my skin is always so hydrated. This product is great as a daily night time moisturizer, especially if you have sensitive skin.
Hope you find a product that you love! Let me know what your favorites are in the comments below!